There are so many kinds of lip balm out there, but it can be hard to find just the right one. What’s the solution? Make your own, of course! It’s surprisingly simple to whip up a batch of lip balm or tinted gloss that’s perfectly customized to your…taste. All you need is a base of beeswax or coconut oil, a flavor, and a tint, and you’re done! We rounded up 13 sweet variations, and we think they’re the balm.
1. Coconut Rose Lip Balm: The rose petals in these lip pots make for a beautiful presentation. You can also substitute in another favorite flower or herb. And there’s a bonus lip scrub in this post, too! (via My Baking Addiction)
2. Peppermint Lip Balm: There are a lot of things to love about this peppermint-flavor tinted balm, but our favorite thing is the use of an empty Altoids tin as the container. Genius! (via Beautylish)
4. Kool-Aid Lip Balm: Yes, we know what you’re thinking, Kool-Aid in a lip balm? Yes! Not only does it give the coconut oil and beeswax a pretty hue, but that you can also have tropical punch flavor. (via Style Me Pretty)
7. Pink Tinted Lip Balm: This lip balm is pretty basic, it has beeswax for a little bit of natural SPF and some melted lipstick for color. But the most helpful part of this post is the idea to use a large plastic syringe to fill the pots. (via Delia Creates)
11. DIY Lip Gloss: Each of these balms uses the same basic recipe. But this post has a great guide to different flavors and colors you can mix in. It’s basically a toolkit for creating your own recipes. (via girl. Inspired)
12. Homemade Birthday Cake Lip Balm: There’s cupcake and birthday cake flavored everything. So why not make your own lip balm with the flavor? The key is the buttercream cupcake oil. Sweet. (via Rebecca’s Soap Deli News)